Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Need

I need you...
These are words I often find myself speaking to God both privately and corporately.
Of late, I'm wondering about the significance of that statement. Do I say it with strings attached? Am I turning God into Santa Claus, saying "God I need you...to do this for me"?
I know that the best thing for me is more of God, yet if you watched the way I live my life, you'd say that what I really think I need most is food, time to watch tv, new music on my ipod, and whatever else draws my fickle attention and affection from moment to moment.

Like usual, I don't have a whole lot of poignant thoughts here, just a bunch of questions.
What does it mean to need God?
What does it mean to want God...for God only, not what He brings?
Does He get glory from my acknowledged need for Him?
What keeps me from receiving more of Him?

And here I am again, knowing that what I need more than answers is God. What I need more than figuring out life is God.
God, I need you...just for you...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Matt- Thanks for sharing your heart. Miss you friend.