Monday, June 29, 2009

5 Words

I was talking with a friend last week about 1 Corinthians 14 where Paul is talking about prophecy, tongues, and gifts of the Spirit. We got to talking specifically about verse 19 where he says "Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue."
I'm not interested in a conversation about speaking in tongues or not speaking in tongues...but as we talked, I was struck with the question of what 5 words Paul would say to me if he only had 5 words he could speak to me.

If you could use only 5 words to express the Gospel, what 5 words would you use?

Thankfully, we have the opportunity to use more than 5 words, but it was just an interesting thought for me. Interested to see what/if any kind of responses you may have...

No comments: