Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spring...in February

I think I can handle 60 and 70 degrees in February.
I find it interesting and really nice that something as simple as weather can breathe new life into my winterized heart and life. I'm thankful for the ability to feel...
I feel warmth on my skin now when I walk outside-that brings joy...
I feel the anticipation of spring-that brings hope...
I feel the overflow of rolling windows down and listening to loud music-that feels alive...
I feel the excitement of a new season of Baseball-that makes me feel like a kid again...
What brings you joy, hope, life, and child-like today?

Not a new observation, but spring slowly emerging from it's winter slumber gives me hope that my heart is doing the same thing. It gives me hope that my heart lives in seasons. It makes me long for a season of new life. It makes me yearn for grace and mercy that is new every morning. It makes me want to better know the God who makes all things new.

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"...my heart lives in seasons". Like that! Great contemplation.